One of my jobs is to serve on the AZ Developmental Disabilities Planning Council (DDPC).  We have lots of goals- and one of them is to help folks with disabilities, their families and caregivers to learn about options that are available when an adult with a disability needs legal help to manage one or more facets of his or her life.  One of the ways we do that is by funding projects to develop and update info on Arizona’s laws in this area… and we just published our newest AZ Legal Options Guide– written by the Arizona Center for Disability Law and the Native American Disability Law Center.  In it, you’ll be able to answer questions like: 

“I like living on my own, but I have some trouble with remembering to set aside money for all my bills. I have my own job and earn my own money, but I could use some help. How can I give someone the ability to help me with my finances without giving away my independence?” 

“I think my daughter can live on her own, but I worry that she will spend her Social Security check and won’t have money for her bills. How can I help her manage her money without taking away her independence?” 

“My son just turned 18 and his school is telling me that I am no longer invited to his Individualized Education Plan meeting, but my son still wants me to participate in the IEP process. What can I do? ” 

“I am trying to find out about vocational rehabilitation benefits but I am having a hard time figuring out what I need to do. Can I have someone help me in this process?” 

The new AZ Legal Options Guide was written to help folks find ways to help people with a disability get assistance while preserving individual rights.  Add this to your toolkit.